The modalities

Before you file a complaint, make sure that :

      • You have a litigation regarding a contract concluded « hors établissement » (home, place of work) with a company,
      • You are a consumer and not a professional,
      • You contract is governed by french law,
      • You have made a prior request to the company.

You need to adress firt to the company. For this purpose, you need to contact the client service of the company that you sould find on you order form.

If there is no solution coming up within 21 days after you request, you can file a complaint :

By paper mail : CPMVD – 1, rue Emmanuel Chauvière – 75015 – Paris

 By e- mail : info[@]cpmvd.fr

By phone : 01 42 15 30 00 (Non surcharged number in France from Monday to Friday between 9 am and 12 am and between 2 pm to 5 pm)

If you contact the Commission by phone call, you will have to send a file by paper mail or e- mail.

The secretariat of the Commission will help you.

Filing a complaint is free (out of the paper mail’s cost as the case may be).

What your file needs to contain :

  • The complaint form filled and signed by the signatory of the contract

Download the Complaint Form

  • The copy of the supportive documents (Pre –contractual information Document, order form, contrat of crédit, Written record of settlements, bills, cheques, mail exchanged with the company…)
  • If you are not the signatory of the contract and you want to file a complaint in the name and on behalf of the signatory, you need to make this person fill and sign a proxy form.

Download the Proxy Form